Thursday, April 16, 2009

Kari Ferrell - Old Skool Grifter with Some New Skool Twists


I haven't read a good grifter story in a while. When I first saw some news about this chick, I didn't think anything of it. But this one definitely is a gem.

The Hipster Grifter | The New York Observer
a guy named Troy was at Union Pool, the Williamsburg bar, when the bartender passed him a note from another customer. It read, “I want to give you a hand job with my mouth,” and was signed “Korean Abdul-Jabbar.” It was, according to Troy, from Ms. Ferrell. Another time, a patron at Fabiane’s, the café on Bedford Avenue in Williamsburg, said Ms. Ferrell passed him a note which read: “I want you to throw a hot dog down my hall.”

Also see Kari Ferrell, Hipster Grifter: The Illustrated Life | Gawker for more info and lots of photos
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 ramblings:

Spike Spiegel said...

This story is 16 tons of FAIL for everyone.

For starters, she's not that attractive; her face isn't getting it from me. Nice ink on her chest (from an artistic POV), but it's way too much, and as soon as that "I <3 beards" one came out, my mental Rolodex file on her would conclude. The "hotdog down her hallway" texts would just be the footnote to bag/burn.

Althought, once she started whining about killing herself, I'd have counter-offered, "In an odd coincidence, I've always wanted to strangle someone. We can help each other out."

But the cherry on top and true proof that's she's crazy: she's a grifter WITHOUT an alias.

Post a Comment