Thursday, April 16, 2009

Chocolate vs. Vanilla?

I've seen the commercials where some chick goes to a big-box store and whines about how much Macs cost, then squeals at how much cheaper her PC was. Yippee!

Then there's this from Cnet...
[Responding to this ad campaign], Apple notes that "millions of people have switched to Mac because they love the security, stability, and power that comes with world-class hardware and amazing software that just works, right out of the box."

It puts its own spin on the price issue.

"A PC is no bargain when it doesn't do what you want," Apple said.
I co-sign that statement, and make no bones about it: I love my Mac. However, the Mine is full of PCs -- I'm posting this via one -- and I admit that they have their place.

My personal problem with PCs has been the odd learning curve for me; short version: they tend NOT to act they way I think they should. So, are PCs better because they're cheaper? Not to me, if only because I've had to learn how to use it...to learn how to use it. This is usually thanks to strange and uncommon minutiae that bring things to a screeching, senseless halt. On every Mac I've had, I've typically been able to jump in with both feet and do what I want, and even in my darkest moments, I've still been able to work my way through the obstacle.

But your mileage may vary, and that's the whole point of this post.

1 ramblings:

CrankMonkey said...

I've been agnostic (computer-wize) for a long time. I have to use both nearly every day. For the most part, as long as you don't want to play video games Macs might be the safer bet. Sadly they've never got their act together on the game front.

Post a Comment