Friday, March 20, 2009

Eat hot photons, scum from beyond!


I know what I want for Xmas my birthday NOW!

From io9...

In a recent press release, [Northrop Grumman] announced that they had created the most powerful laser ray at 105 kilowatts, paving the way for energy weapons use in combat.

According to sources, the 100 kilowatt threshold is the level at which military grade lasers can be powerful enough to be useful. And the military has plenty of ways in which lasers can be useful.


And I'm pretty sure I can think of some, too.

2 ramblings:

CrankMonkey said...

shooting down rockets and planes is cool and all. But what about wide area of affect blinding lasers. It could just sweep over battle fields or around base camps. That shit would fuck you up.

Spike Spiegel said...

But you know what'll happen then: "Boo hoo, those Uh-mullikens have HAXXOR POWERZ to go with their smartbombs and delicious MREs...which cannot be allowed! To the Complaining Room of the UN!"

Post a Comment