Thursday, July 16, 2009

Chocolate vs. Vanilla, Take 2

I've touched on Mac vs. PC previously with little to no ire, but I call bullshit on Microsoft Chief Operating Officer Kevin Turner when he claims that Microsoft was asked by Apple to pull 'Laptop Hunter' ads suggesting Apple computers were expensive.
"We're just going to keep running them and running them and running them," Turner said during a Wednesday address to Microsoft's Worldwide Partner Conference 2009.

Turner said the call from Apple took place two weeks ago, and the attorneys asked that the company no longer run the ads because the company had "lowered our prices."

[...]

An Apple spokesman had no immediate comment.
Mac-evangelist that I am, I'll take a three-round burst at Turner by saying 1) I don't believe you, 2) run those ads all you want because they don't speak to what headaches and heartbreaks lie in store for the price, and 3) Apple at least took a step in lowering prices, so I call upon Microsoft to do likewise on their part by increasing quality.

Or "lowering suck," if you will.

0 ramblings:

Post a Comment