Thursday, August 6, 2009

New object of obsession

Via F-listed:
Esquire Magazine: Do you like to cook?

Christina Hendricks: I love to cook. I just got a deep fryer, and it’s amazing. The first night we got it, we made homemade poppers. I mean, what’s the best deep-fried thing ever? Cheese poppers.

ESQ: Do you drink while you cook? Watching Mad Men always makes me want to drink.

CH: I love cocktails. My specialty drink is a gimlet with a little egg white in it so it gets frothy.
Um...we were doing OK up through "egg white in it." At the very least, please please please let it be a REAL gimlet: very good London dry gin + Rose's lime juice. I've never had one frothy, but I do believe it would alarm me. I'm used to gimlets being gemlike and clear, rather like potable citrine.

That said, it's tough for me to trust a woman who can't admit to enjoying good food and drink; I think it must be something visceral about nutrition not having to be bland, but moreover being fun. Better still: deepfrying and booze.

Christina Hendricks, I trust you to kill me.

0 ramblings:

Post a Comment