Friday, May 8, 2009

Breakfast Granola for 5/8/9

Jeff's nightmare, come to life...
Dozens of eastern tarantulas, known as "bird-eating spiders" have been seen in Bowen, almost 700 miles northwest of Brisbane, The Times reported.

It is thought the creepy-crawlies can grow to be bigger than the palm of a man's hand.

They usually remain hidden in gardens but have recently begun to venture into open spaces.

[....]

"I've warned folks around here to make sure they wear shoes and gloves when they are gardening at the moment as it can be a very nasty bite," [local pest controller Audy Geizler] said.

"I think I'm going to mount this one in acrylic to show people how big it is. It'll make a great paperweight."
Possibly larger than my palm, bold enough to wander out into the world, and heavy enough to be a paperweight? Fuck-a-that. Where's my machete?

0 ramblings:

Post a Comment