Friday, May 20, 2011

It's also like that...

To look the CEO of a major corporation in the eye and have him lie to me felt no different than having anyone else lie to me. However, it's not anyone else funding my paycheck and doing work that aided and abetted that lie. What it did do, though, is to cement in my mind the feeling that I was in a POW labor camp, which will be grand fodder for when I write the sitcom.

Yes, POW labor camp, I said it. Imagine: WW2 and we've been captured by the Nazis or Japs. Me and my buddies have to build widgets for massa - thereby working against our own interests - meanwhile trying to get along, find small comforts in food and trinkets, avoid the gaze of our overseers, and basically avoid going crazy or getting killed. We're a tightknit bunch in spite of a traitor in our midst, and when the suckup is outed our unity strengthens. All we have to wait for is liberation.

And here it is. Despite that we're free and can go where we please, part of the shared struggle holds us back. There were good times.

But there will also BE good times. Only now it's outside the barbed wire.

0 ramblings:

Post a Comment