Thursday, November 18, 2010

Got lost?

I'm not one to get lost easily, especially with a map in my hand. Give me a pair of cross-streets or an identifiable landmark and we're off. But get me into The City -- with the way Market cuts across the Numbers, and Montgomery turns everything into triangles north of Washington, not to mention the one-ways -- and I'll look like a tourist as my navigation catches up to the reality of that maze.

Here's a little trinket from Uncrate that bridges the gap between full-blown GPS and Boy Scout compass:
Find your car in even the largest mall parking lot, or find your way back to the ribs in even the smokiest tailgating situation with the Bushnell BackTrack Point 5 ($68). Like the original BackTrack, this sleeker model navigates you back to any location with just the push of a button. This new model also adds a digital compass, the current time, temperature, and altitude, plus the ability to mark and store up to five locations.
Protip: If you're at the Transamerica Pyramid, Chinatown is to the west, Montgomery St. BART is to the south.

0 ramblings:

Post a Comment