Thursday, August 27, 2009

Chevy is teh suck

Found via Consumerist on Consumer Reports:
My frustration began to boil since the dealer set the 3 p.m. appointment. I waited an additional half hour and a manager comes over and apologizes for the delay and gives me his card and says that I can have a free oil change when I come back. Finally, I get to the finance guy, fill out the paperwork and buy the car. I've been at the dealer way too long and I just want to leave.

Just when I thought I was free and clear, the salesman comes over and asks me to wait "just a minute" so he can go and fill the car up with gas. Of course, he had been doing nothing for over an hour and then he suddenly decided to fill the car. I couldn't believe this was happening.

It was now late Friday afternoon and the peak of rush hour. And I wound up waiting yet another 20 minutes. He finally came back and again offered to go over the car with me. Again I declined. The salesman thanked me for the purchase and hoped that I would come back if I wanted to buy another car. Ha.
Maybe because my car was ordered from afar and I had to pick it up the next day, my experience was very different. I arrived at the appointed time, my dealer and the finance lady had me sign some final things, I was shown around my shiny and gassed-up car, I signed off on that tour, the dealer stuck on my temp tag and removed a numbered card from the dashboard, and I was off.

Sadly, this dealership is now closed in the wake of the Carpocalypse, but I guess my point is that the good, unfortunately, seem to die young, and evil is immortal.

0 ramblings:

Post a Comment